Wednesday, February 6, 2008

February 5th: Super Duper Tuesday, Fat Tuesday & Shrove Tuesday


Zowie, busy day! I voted, I did nothing to celebrate Mardi Gras, and in a nod to my Canadian heritage I made pancakes for dinner for Shrove Tuesday, aka Pancake Day. If I observed Lent, I would join my neighbors by eating pancakes because they're typically made with rich, decadent ingredients like eggs, flour, milk & butter. I'm not sure where maple syrup fits into the scheme of things. My pancakes weren't even all that decadent - I used whole wheat flour, egg whites & fried them in canola oil spray. Plus I ate them dry sans syrup - it was dinner after all.

Well, um, my current regimen of saving money (damn you Boden with your sassy spring fun skirts!), eating healthfully, working lots of extra hours, digging into my NetFlix queue, and actually making it to the gym regularly after a hiatus with consequences does not make for exciting blog posts. Wow, nope! I'm not even going to try.

Pretty photos from a vacation in September coming soon.

Photo: Kitties at Knossos, Greece. Yeah, this has nothing to do with anything but it's cute and one of my relatives had some sad kitty news.

No comments: